Goodwin “Goody” Gilman established Gilman Electrical Supply in Newport Maine back in 1961. Goody sold his company to another family owned business in 1985. This company owned by the Colburn family was established in California back in the 1950’s and officially rebranded Consolidated Electrical Distributors in 1964. CED allows all of our locations to operate under the CED name or the name of the company that originally owned it before selling to CED. Gilman Electric currently has 10 locations in Maine.